Tuesday 2 December 2014

Miron Schmückle

Oh my God, where have I been...?! I have just discovered this artist's work and I adore it. I can't stop looking at it, in fact it might even replace my current desk top background.  Check out the work of Romanian artist Miron Schmückle if you have a minute. It's pretty unusual and far out, but I am completely captivated by it. I like how his work really plays on the senses; it is very cleverly done. The pieces are almost musical. 

Untitled, 2011, tempera on canvas on wood, 55x75cm, by Miron Schmückle

Botanical Archives (out of my brain) by Miron Schmückle 
A bit about Miron: 

He was Born in Sibu, Romania in 1966. He studied experimental painting at Muthesius Art School in Kiel and Performance art in Art Academy Hamburg. He was also a teaching assistant at the Theatre Academy Saint Petersburg in Russia. In 1997 he moved to Hamburg where he had his studio until 2008. He then moved to Berlin for a bit and later returned to the Muthesius Art Academy in Kiel for the Doctoral Program.

There is a fabulous little interview with him here


Botanical Archives (out of my brain) by Miron Schmückle 

Untitled, 2011, pencil, Indian ink, watercolor on paper, 140x87cm, by Miron Schmückle 



Botanical Archives (out of my brain) by Miron Schmückle 


Botanical Archives (out of my brain) by Miron Schmückle 


“As You Desire Me”. Installation view at MANZONI SCHÄPER, Berlin 2011, by Miron Schmückle

2 comments:

  1. Love it too!
    Thanks for introducing his work to us. Will definitely be a follower and also inspired by his designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and
    I am inspired! Extremely useful info specifically
    the remaining phase :) I maintain such info a lot.

    I used to be seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete