Tuesday 3 March 2015

This is a seriously intense fruit

Pineapple (Ananus comosus) - work in progress

So I am seriously getting my teeth into this piece now. I am enjoying it so much because is it so VERY tricky. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done (not including white and yellow flowers) and therefore focusing on it transports me into another world - a microscopic one filled with technicolour and weird surfaces (the textures on this thing are a nightmare to capture).  My palette is a rainbow and my brushes are wearing out. There is a lot of dry brush going on this week, as the fruity bits require absolute control. 

Other from that not much else to report on. Wall to wall sunshine here and temperatures of roughly 23 degrees which is rather nice. All change from Thursday though apparently, so summer isn't quite here yet despite me seeing a large number of butterflies and wasps today. I even heard two woodpeckers on my walk. Fancy that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment