Friday 10 February 2017

Wrapping the paintings

Close up on botanical paintings by Jess Shepherd
Leafscape paintings - an exhibition of botanical art at Abbott and Holder, London, February 2017.

With the LEAFSCAPE exhibition opening at Abbott and Holder in London in six days time, I decided to spent this afternoon wrapping up the leaf paintings in preparation. Here are some photographs that my housemate Holly kindly took while I was working. She's pretty good with a camera as you will see. 

Jess Shepherd (Inky Leaves)
Jess Shepherd (Inky Leaves) - photo by Holly Markham

I can't even begin to describe how tired I am. I haven't slept properly since well before Christmas and have given up putting make up on to conceal my bags and dark rings. It is a pointless exercise and besides, I have better things to be doing with my time!

 Wrapping up paintings

So the paintings are being moved to Abbott and Holder on Valentines Day which I think is rather lovely. My friend Paul is going to be driving the van up via Haslemere where my framer is currently looking after the three massive paintings.  It is supposed to be a sunny day which will make the whole process much more bearable. Wish us luck!

Jess Shepherd (Inky Leaves)
Jess Shepherd (Inky Leaves) - photo by Holly Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment